Today was the
STUDENT COUNCIL INTERVIEW.Here are a few details...I was nominated by:Mr Lee.Horny Mush?AHAHA
Surprised?:DUH!!!!I'm really quiet so yes,VERY VERY EXTREMELY SURPRISED
Other people from 1E who went for the interview:Xinyi,Priscilla,ChoyMun,Benjamin,Peter,Zijie and GANGSTA MUSH
Number of people that can get into SC:20.Out of the 60 nominees
Do you want to be an SC?:DUH!!!
Were you confident?:Uh...nope.Yes.50/50.I didn't panic as much as I expected myself to be.I was quite calm.Maybe stuttered once or twice,but smooth throughout the rest of the interview.Answered all the questions,made eye contact.Did better than I expected XD
Do you think you can get in?:If I'm lucky,I will.I usually have good luck on Fridays,so hopefully this friday,when the results get out,I will get into SC?I don't know...But I really want to do my part for the school and the student body!I told myself that if I got into SC,I want to make school a fun place for students and staff,give them a chance to bond,give students a 'platform' to show their talents [idea from Janelle] and also bond the Seniors and Juniors.I mean like,don't you realise that the Year 1-3s always go together on celebrations and Year 4-6s always go together?They should like mix the Years up and let us interact with all the different Years and let us bond as one DHS family:)
Ok.For your interest,here is the questions they asked and my answers.Roughly.
Q. Introduce yourself:)
A. My name is Lee Wan Yu.I'm from 1E and my CCA is EDS Dance.I have been dancing since I was very young, so I sort of have this special bond with dance. My weakness is that sometimes I'm really soft-spoken,quiet and I don't really speak up.However, I am trying to speak up more now.
[Darn,I forgot to say my strengths,I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE!!!Ahhh great]
Q.What do you think an SC's role is?
A. I think that and student councillor's role is to care for the student body and do whatever they can to make school a better place to be in.Also, a student councillor must set a good example to the student body and uphold the school values.
Q.What are the 2 qualities an SC must possess?
A. A student councillor must be responsible and enthusiastic.I feel that a student councillor must be enthusiastic, so they can like 'spread the joy' and get students interested in the activities.So when everyone is interested, then everyone can have fun.
Q.If your CCA meeting and SC meeting clash,which one would you attend?[this was hard!]
A. I would go for the SC meeting first, then hopefully if my CCA hasnt ended [I stuttered a bit here], I would go for my CCA and I can ask my friends to teach me what the teacher has taught them before I came in.However, if both meetings clash and I can't make it for my CCA, I have to remember that I have made a commitment to my CCA. So I would have to make a serious decision and decide which meeting to go for,depending on the situation.
Ok this is all I remember...
I hope I get in!!*fingers crossed*
To the other nominees from 1E:Good luck!!:) Hopefully we can all get in.Make horny mush proud?Probably.Cannot DISAPPOINT him!